Vegan Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake from Vegan Family Recipes
We fell in love with this recipe as soon as we set eyes on it! The sweet raspberry swirls on top of the coconut and cashew cream filling really take it there. You’re going to enjoy eating (and making) this treat.
- ¾ cup Hazelnuts
- 1 cup pitted Dates (about 20)
- pinch of Salt
- 2 cups Coconut Cream
- ⅔ cup Cashews
- ½ teaspoon fresh Lemon Zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons pure Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Line a 7 inch springform with parchment paper.
- Place hazelnuts, dates and pinch of salt in food processor and pulse until a sticky mass forms.
- Press hazelnut crust into bottom of springform and half way up the sides using fingers.
- Zest a lemon until you have ½ teaspoon lemon zest.
- Clean out food processor and place coconut cream, cashews, lemon zest, lemon juice, and maple syrup in it. Pulse and process until mixture is smooth.
- Pour lemon filling mixture into the springform.
- Clean out food processor again and add Raspberries and powdered sugar to it. Pulse again until smooth (raspberry seeds will remain whole and this is OK).
- Drop 2 tablespoons of raspberry mixture into center of lemon filling. Use a fork to swirl mixture through the lemon filling. Repeat this step until you have used up all the raspberry filling.
- Place cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours until filling is firm.
Chocolate Avocado Protein Bar from Sweet As Honey
We can’t forget about the chocoholics! We can’t get over how impressive these bars look once they are complete. These bars are also gluten free and paleo friendly. The best part? It only takes 20 minutes to whip these up.
- Bottom layer
2 cup Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
2 tablespoon Raw Unsweetened Cacao Powder or Organic Protein Plant-Based Chocolate Powder
2 tablespoon Brown Rice Syrup or 100% Pure Certified Maple Syrup – Grade B (B is the Best!)
1/2 cup Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, melted
2 tablespoons Creamy Almond Butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Middle layer
1 large avocado
2 medium bananas
1/2 cup coconut butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon pure vanilla, extract
- Top layer
1/4 cup Raw Unsweetened Cacao Powder or Organic Protein Plant-Based Chocolate Powder
1/4 cupVirgin Organic Coconut Oil, melted
1 tbsp Brown Rice Syrup
1 tbsp Natvia Natural Sweetener – optional
- Bottom layer.
- Pour all ingredient in a food processor with the S blade attachment. I am using a KitchenAid Food Processor which is very powerful to blend and grind ingredientsin raw baking.
- Blend for 30 second to 1 minute or until all the mixture is consistent.
- Transfer into a square mould covered with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate while preparing the middle layer.
- Slice the bananas and diced the avocado.
- Transfer all the ingredients into the Food Processor with S blade attachment
- Blend until smooth and consistent.
- Pour the mixture onto the first layer.
- Return to the fridge while preparing the top layer.
- Top layer
- In a bowl combine the raw cocoa powder with melted coconut oil and the rice malt syrup.
- Add some stevia powder if you think it is too bitter.
- Brush the top of the slice with this mixture.
- Decorate with dessicated coconut.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes until the top is solid.
- Cut into square and store in a airtight container in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days.